Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Letters


I'm a very sentimental person, everything I give to someone means something, there might be a story behind it or something that they deserved. Being given a gift that they made themselves or they really thought of means soooo much to me, yes, the saying "its the thought that counts" does very much apply to me! For example, my sister gave me a journal for Christmas one time and to this day, its my favorite Christmas present. I love writing and the fact that she gave me a journal means soo much.

Because I'm very sentimental, I have always loved the idea of being given a hand written letter, actually the cards given to me by my friends and family are still kept away in my memory box. I think its the hopeless romantic in me that loves this sappy stuff or maybe I'm just old fashioned. hahaha. I remember watching romance movies like The Notebook, Letters to Juliet, and many more- and thinking, "Do guys still write to their girlfriends?" and I never knew anyone who did, so I thought no one did.

When I got my first letter from my boyfriend, I felt like I was back in the 40s and 50s, there was something about seeing the word "I miss you" and "I love you" and knowing that he took his time to write it.
There's just something about seeing the word, "I love you" written down on a paper with their hand writing.
So for all you people out there, maybe ditch the cellphone, grab a pen and paper and tell the person you love everything you love about them :)


-Mitzee

2 comments:

  1. I'm really sentimental as well so I love things like letters, I think there's just something about seeing people's handwriting on pen to paper that makes everything seem more personal and special than just getting an email or a text. I wish more people wrote and sent letters nowadays!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete